Testimonials build trust and credibility
Testimonials ….. So, why aren’t you using them? Not getting results from your print or website advertising that you expect? If you can answer this question, you would be among the few that can. Answering this question is one of the most fundamental tasks your marketing strategy needs to accomplish. By using testimonials (reviews and comments from your satisfied customers) in text, audio or video format on your website, you aren’t only answer the question, you also transform your value statement into a credible, unbiased recommendation for your product.
Overcome Buyer Skepticism
Adding video is probably one of the easiest ways to improve your website, and a good one can generate more selling power than some of the best sales copy out there. According to Entrepreneur Magazine.
After reading the article HOW TO EFFECTIVELY USE TESTIMONIALS by Derek Gehl I picked up a few pointers that have worked for us.
So why are testimonials so effective?
• Testimonials build trust. Whether your customers are raving about what your product has done for them or about the great service you gave, they’re telling your visitors first and foremost that they had a positive experience with your products and company.
• Testimonials aren’t “salesy.” Because testimonials aren’t written in your “voice,” they stand out in your copy as candid and unbiased accounts of how well your product works.
• Testimonials overcome skepticism. A good testimonial has the power to convince even your “tough sell” visitors that your product or service really made a difference in your customer’s life–and can help them, too.
An honest video is one that has not been “coached” or “directed”. When we produce a testimonial video for a client, we ensure that the testimony is honest and not “staged”. Of course we work with the person giving the testimonial in helping them with their presentation skills, but in no way tell them what to say or how to act. We use an outline that is basic to help the presenter with organizing their thoughts, but we don’t tell what to say.
The basic testimonials will include:
• Benefits that they received from the product or relationship
• The presenter must be “real” and be someone the target market can identify with.
• The presenter must be credible.
• When possible the testimonial should compare experiences with other products or services.
For more information regarding Testimonial video please email us or call us at 214.205.7408.